40 Early Career Conference Grants are available for ACU member university staff to attend both virtual (online) and in-person conferences.
Applicants must identify a specific conference before applying for the grant and state whether they are applying for a virtual or in-person grant on the application form.
For emerging academics, taking part in conferences can have a profound impact on their teaching and research. Conferences are a chance to share research, learn about the latest developments in an area of work, and build valuable professional networks.
Researchers find themselves better informed and connected with new knowledge that can be shared and multiplied amongst colleagues and students.
The ACU’s Early Career Conference Grants help to ensure that more emerging researchers – and the universities that employ them – can benefit from these valuable opportunities.
The final number of awarded grants will depend on the number of applications received for each format (virtual/in-person).
About Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition.
By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them ? we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
Requirements for ACU) Early Career Conference Grants Qualification
- Be employed by an ACU member university with the job title of lecturer, post-doctoral researcher, professor, associate professor, or equivalent.
- Be within 7 years of the start of their academic (research/teaching) career
- Not have previously traveled for work purposes (including conferences) outside their region of employment since the start of their academic career. Please see this page for the definition of regions.
- Not be a previous recipient of an ACU Early Career Conference Grant (known as Early Career Academic Grants.)
November 28, 2022
How to Ap ply for this Scholarship
As part of the application form, applicants must:
- Provide details of their chosen conference, including a copy of their abstract
- State whether the conference is to be delivered virtually or in person (for hybrid conferences, applicants must choose whether they wish to attend in-person or virtually)
- Choose the Sustainable Development Goal(s) which relate most closely to their research and describe how their research can contribute to achieving these goals (100-200 words)
- Explain the reasons for their choice of conference and how it links to their research interests (100-200 words)
- Explain how participating in the conference will benefit their career and professional development (100-200 words)
- Explain how they will share the knowledge gained by participating in the conference (100-200 words)
- Attach a detailed letter or email of support from their head of department
- If applying for an in-person conference, give a breakdown of the costs for which they are applying for funding
Successful applicants must provide a short, written report on the use of their grant by 31 October 2022 at the latest. The ACU will provide the report form.
You have to wait 35 seconds.